Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jayden's Primary Talk

Jayden is now a Sunbeam and one of the fun responsibilities of being a Sunbeam is giving talks in Primary when its your turn. He was so excited to be given the assignment of talking. He knew exactly what he would talk about and of course it was dolphins and whales. I think he had his whole talk figured out before we even got home from church that day. With a little help from dad that Sunday we restructured it to the topic of Prophets. He did such a good job not even stopping when his mommy started to cry, he just squeezed my neck and kept right on going. I was so proud of him! He's such a good big boy!

Here's his talk:
My talk today is about How Heavenly Father speaks to us through His Prophets. In D&C chapter 1:38 it says "....and though the Heavens and Earth shall pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same."
Just like the Prophets of old like Moses, Isiah, Peter, Paul, Nephi, and Mormon we have a prophet today. His name is Thomas S. Monson. Prophet Monson receives inspiration to help us make better choices. In 2 weeks it will be General Conference and we will get to hear from Prophet Monson. It is important to listen to the Prophet because Heavenly Father has told him what he should say to us. I love Prophet Monson and I know that Heavenly Father uses his prophets to help us make good choices, and to teach us things that we need to do like saying our prayers and reading our scriptures. I like being a sunbeam and learning about Heavenly Father. I love my family and say this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments: