Friday, April 27, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness


Every day that I am home with my boys I see things or situations happen. Some are good and some are bad. Some are happy and some are sad. Today I couldn't help but notice the acts of kindness performed by my little guys. I love seeing them do kind things to others and it especially makes me feel all warm inside seeing them do it to each other without me asking or hinting.

Ok so here is the first act of kindness... Jake my furry son thought it would be so nice and helpful to clean up after Landon ate dinner. I think that he must have known just how little time I had before I had to go to my Leadership meeting. Isn't it so nice to have a little help cleaning up...




The next act of kindness was done by this little guy. I was busy making dinner for the boys while my bath was running. When I came back to check the water I found this! Isn't it so nice that he would make sure the water was the right temperature for his mom?! What a sweet boy! 


Jayden is responsible for the next act of kindness. He is getting so big and is really becoming a sweet little man. Today after tennis Alex fell asleep on the couch and without me saying anything Jayden went a grabbed a pillow and blanket to make Alex comfortable while he slept. This brought such a smile to my face, to see how much he cares for his brother. 

It never surprises me how my boys are always teaching me to better. They are constantly reminding me to act more Christlike. I am so grateful for the many constant reminders I see each day reminding me to become better. It makes my day seem so much brighter when I stop and notice the random acts of service performed in my home. It makes me think of this hymn... There is beauty all around when there's love at home. How true it is!



No comments: