Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Mom who knew...

Today was general conference and there were many different things that I enjoyed listening to but one talk really stuck with me. Sister Beck was talking about the important roles that we as LDS moms have and while I was listening a sense of gratitude filled my heart. I was sitting there on the couch rocking my little boy to sleep and thinking about how much my Heavenly Father loves me and how important the role of motherhood is. I am so grateful for the opportunity that he has given me to be a mom to Jayden. In Sister Beck's talk she mentioned many things that we as mothers can do to teach our children the correct principles. It was probably at the close of her talk that I truly felt the awesome responsibility of being a mother, I realized then that I want to be the mother that knew; the mother that knows that the things she teaches not only are important for her family now but will last a lifetime and hopefully even an eternity...

2 comments:

Wise Family said...

So true... what a great talk! We are so lucky to have the role as mothers.

Melody said...

I also loved that talk. I think about things that she said EVERY day. I also blogged about it, it think it was so moving.