Saturday, February 28, 2009

FHE

For FHE this week we took our family to the Temple to walk around the grounds and let the boys see the it in person. I really want Jayden to recognize the Temple and see how special it is to our family. He can point out a Temple in picture so it was no surprise that as soon as we pulled in the parking lot he said in an excited voice, "Temple, Temple" it was so sweet. As we walked around the grounds we pointed some things like Moroni which he thinks is Jesus, we showed off the beautiful windows of the brides room, and the fountains of course. We watched members go inside and talked about how you have to be reverent inside. We talked about how you can pray in the Temple and how Heavenly Father listens to us. We ended our little tour with a family prayer. It was such a sweet and special FHE evening I couldn't help but feel such strong gratitude for the blessings I have. Even though we didn't go inside we felt such a loving, reverent spirit and I think that even my boys noticed the feeling and the magnitude of this special place.


Daddy talking to Jayden about the Temple

















Mommy teaching about the temple






2 comments:

Melody said...

I really love going to the temple with the kids. I was certainly surprised at how reverent my crazy crew was when we went in August. But, I am sure it is because they can feel the spirit too.

You guys are amazing!

Shawn said...

Hooray for members!
I like to blog surf, and stumbled upon yours - we met at Ricks and have been toghether for almost 15 years and 3 daughters.

Best of luck!
The Martins