Friday, October 2, 2009

Washington DC cont..

The ending to a great trip, and what better way to celebrate than with Chocolate cake! Look how happy we were to be eating this at midnight!!


Look how exhausted my crew are, Geoffrey is falling asleep on the metro.. We walked probably 8 miles that day....

My best friend Natalie and me. She is such a fun and special girl!


Natalie reading the Gettysburg Address, yes she actually stood there still reading the entire thing I was so impressed! I could tell that she could feel that special spirit there too.



We went to see the Lincoln Memorial at like 10:00 at night and it was amazing! There was such a silent, reverence that was felt there. It was so special and beautiful to be there at night.




I thought this building was beautiful!














I love this picture of Alex



enjoying a treat on the lawns of the National Mall



Me and Natalie playing the President... I think we were pretty good:)






Geoffrey checking out the first computer ever built! Of course this was a stop on the exhibit trail...



On the Metro....


Air and Space Museum



this was the escalator leading down to the metro is was the longest one I have ever been on






hanging outside our Hotel, it was so beautiful....








They loved the dinosaurs!!!



Outside the Smithsonian



The Whitehouse, we tried to get in but....;)

















































2 comments:

SpaceyKasey said...

Looks like it was SO much fun. I love DC! What a cool sister-in-law you are to take Natalie.

nanamoo said...

The picture of the two of you in front of the Washington Monument at night is awesome. (I liked lots of the other shots too, though.)