Saturday, September 6, 2008

Groundbreaking

exploring the new grounds..
grandma and jayden
Bishop Berge
Payton and Jonathon checking out the plans
Geoffrey and the leaders he serves with in the Eustis Ward

Well its finally here!! The groundbreaking for our new Stake Center!! On a much lighter note this means that we will be cutting our drive time to church by 25 minutes!! Of course it won't happen for a year or so, but I will be counting down till then! I was so excited about this day and I really didn't expect to be quite as excited, but the more I thought about it and pondered these feelings that I had I soon realized why.  I am still pretty new to the church(I was baptized about 6 years ago) and this new big building means that the church is growing and that the missionary work is being done and that our Ward and Stake are not just growing by numbers but by spirit as well. I hold a special place in my heart for our missionaries, they are so sweet and have the best testimonies and spirits.  I love that Jayden will have the gospel from his earliest of years, and that he will have a building not with just one ward but eventually three.  I love that I will be able to tell of how it felt to be there when the Stake President, and our Bishop talked about the possibilities of this new building.  Its exciting to think about all the new converts that will eventually be there learning and building their testimonies.  Although we were standing in dirt and it was really hot, the ceremony was great! During the hymns that we sang I could barely hold back the tears, the spirit was so strong. I am excited to see the growth of the church in our area, and what this means to my family. I love this church and I know that it is true.  

No comments: