Saturday, March 10, 2012

counting the clicks

This weekend I had the treat of going to Time Out For Women with Linda, Missy, and Katelyn. We had a lot of fun enjoying each others company, eating treats, talking girl talk, and learning how we can be better moms, and friends.
One of the most memorable moments was from Hillary Weeks and her talk about counting the clicks. In the talk she told us how she did an experiment first, she counted all the bad thoughts she had during her days and by the end of the week she was feeling really down in the dumps, after giving it some thought she remembered that the whole week she was only focusing on the negative so she decided to try it over using positive thoughts instead. By the end of the week she was a new person. So I decided to give it a try myself with my family. I explained to my boys what the counters were for and what they needed to do with them. The boys were really excited to start clicking and here are some of the clicks they did...

Jayden clicked for ear medicine to help his ear(he had a really bad infection while I was away), a wife for him to marry someday, his brothers, that he's in love with his mommy, and that we are a family. I'd say he's got the right idea!

Alex clicked for his brothers, his daddy, bath time, and his mommy. He's gonna be a good clicker too!

No comments: