Friday, March 2, 2012

scary


I was cooking dinner today and the boys were playing in the playroom. I could see the boys as I was chopping my vegetables when Jayden came running in to come and help Alex now. I said I would and kept cooking for a minute when Jayden yelled at me to come now, it's bad mom he said. I ran into the playroom to find Alex dangling from the blinds cord. It was horrible, I leapt to him and pushed him up so I could unwrap the cord from around his neck. I felt physically sick. I was so mad at him for doing that and so grateful to Jayden for coming to get me. As I held him, I started to cry thinking of how our lives could have been so different if Jayden would not of came to get me. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for sending angels to keep Alex safe and here. I love this little boy more than I could ever express. I have spent many minutes since this event on my knees and in my heart thanking Heavenly Father for this and all my boys. Alex recovered just fine from this, his neck was really swollen for a couple of days and it has left a scar but I am so glad thats all it did. I didn't really want to include this scary ordeal in here but I thought that it might be helpful one day for my children to see one day when they are parents.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Oh my goodness, I cried reading this and looking at the marks on his neck..little kids can be soo scary sometimes :( Im glad everything is okay. way to go jayden!!