Friday, May 22, 2015

Baseball and lock outs

Since my boys are not into the journaling yet,  I am writing this down to help them remember. . While Maya was napping at the condo, Jayden and Alex wanted to go downstairs to throw the baseball. I decided that I would let them go down in the grass below the balcony to throw the ball.  After they played baseball for a little while I noticed that they had left the grass and were making their way up to the condo again. After a couple of minutes of them not making it back I started to worry. I told myself I would give them two more minutes and then I would go looking for them. A minute passed and then I heard them coming through the door. When I asked them what took them so long Alex and Jayden shared this story with me.....
 They said that when they were trying to get back into the gate, their key wouldn't work. They said they tried and tried to unlock the gate but that the key just got stuck in the lock and wouldn't come out. They knew they weren't allowed to leave the key so they were getting worried about what to do. Alex wanted to ask some grownups at the pool for help, but then they decided not to because they were strangers. The thought then came to them to pray. They both decided it was a good idea and separately they said a prayer for help. Jayden said instantly the key became unstuck! They both knew that it was Heavenly Father's help and that he had answered their prayers. I am so grateful for these valiant little men. This was the first time that they really had to rely on their own faith and choices to build their testimonies. I am so grateful to a Heavenly Father that is always watching and willing to help even the simplest of prayers.

No comments: