Monday, October 18, 2010

Scripture Power

Family Scripture study has always been a challenge with our young boys but trying to be obedient we have tried many different things like using the Children's Book of Mormon, and many other different things. It wasn't until I heard a talk in General Conference this past month that I got a new idea. The speaker(whom I can't remember now..) mentioned that a family wrote to her saying how each night they would read a verse a person and the children who couldn't read would just repeat after the parent. Well we have done this every night since and I have to say that it is great!! I love that Jayden is actually reading and following along in the scriptures and while Alex can't repeat the verse yet he is anxious for his turn to follow the words with his finger. We only are able to read 3-4 verses but the Spirit is felt when we hear the scriptures from Jayden's little voice. I am so thankful for Conference and for the scriptures, I love that we are able to really sit and read as a family and can some what discuss them with our boys.

2 comments:

nanamoo said...

You are such great parents and your boys will be blessed all the days of their lives by the wonderful things that you are making the effort to teach them now.

Melody said...

Scripture reading is difficult for us too and I also remember the talk. I need to get working on that. Thank you for the reminder. :)