Saturday, December 24, 2011

What Christmas is all about...

I am always trying to find things for us to do as a family that helps teach the boys about being kind to others and doing service for people, but with my little boys it is sometimes harder to do. It needed to be a short activity and something that they would like doing so I decided to ask our Bishop for a family who is in need this season. He gave us a name and a wish-list and the boys and I were excited to get busy shopping. We bought a pretty princess bike, a pink helmet, a pretty dress, a baby doll to put in the basket of the bike. The boys were really helpful and liked picking out all the cute girly things. When it was time to drop off the presents the boys were very excited to sneak them to the family. As I was pulling out all the gifts for the family, the Grandma started to cry. It really made me remember what Christmas is all about and seeing the smiles on my boys made my heart melt. This will definitely be another Wise family tradition!

No comments: