Thursday, August 11, 2011

wrong number...

Tonight at around 9:30 the phone rang and as usual when Geoffrey doesn't know a number he hands it to me to answer. Before I could even get a whole "Hello" on the phone the voice of a old, worried man began to ask for the pastor to pray for his Vickie who is sick in bed, after I explained to him that he must have the wrong number he seemed really embarrassed and a bit frustrated so I quickly asked him what was wrong with his Vickie. He then told me how she was really sick to her stomach and he was really worried and maybe even a little scared. At first the nurse in me came out and I made sure he was keeping her hydrated, comfortable, and asked him if she was getting worse to go to the hospital. He assured me he would and then I told him that I would pray for her tonight in my prayers. The old man paused for a second and quickly told me how grateful he would be if my family would do this. I assured him we would and then we hung up. I was a little teary eyed when I hung up the phone thinking how much he loved his wife and I was hoping that I brought some even if just a little comfort to this husband in need. When I was telling Geoffrey the story of the phone call he quickly asked, " did you ask if they wanted a blessing?" I was surprised by his question and to be honest it didn't even enter my mind to ask. I have thought a lot of this phone call in the last couple of days and mostly because I wander if it might have been Heavenly Father reminding me that I STINK at missionary work and, that I as well as my family should always be ready to share the gospel. I did however put her name of the prayer list at the Temple and I have kept her in my prayers these last couple of days. And I will be more prepared to hand Geoffrey the phone next time, to test his skills.:)

1 comment:

Brianna said...

How sweet, that old man is sooo lucky to have called you. I know you made a difference, well done Rhea:)